May 2019 – Present
● managing the efficient design and delivery of high quality onsite, online and offsite learning and public programs for diverse audiences.
○ managed the design, development and delivery of Winter , Spring, Summer Calendar of events 2019 and planned programs for Autumn and Winter Calendars 2020
● researching, developing and delivering exhibition and program content including the selection of items for display, and the development of interpretative and learning material.
● developing marketing collateral and advertisements for programs and events; working with the Director and the marketing team to refine the ACTHP branding.
● working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including and other staff across the organisation, contractors, external stakeholders and partners and subject specialists to develop and deliver exhibitions, programs and events across ACT Historic Places and other places as required.
○ For example: Canberra Museum and Gallery, University of Canberra, Australian National University, Manning Clarke House, Lakespeare Theatre Company, The Creative Practice, Cuppacumbalong Homestead, ACT Parks and Wildlife, AMAGA conference working group, ACT Heritage, the Buru Ngunawal Aboriginal Corporation.
● performing higher level management tasks such as the preparation and management of work plans and budgets and assist with the leadership and management of ACT Historic Places generally.
● designed and facilitated the ACTHP Strategic Planning Workshop 2019- utilising collaborative and design workshop approaches, creating all resources and activities and working with the Director to develop future strategic planning frameworks from the outputs
● contributed to the ACTHP Corporate Plan for 19/20
● conducted a systems and processes review, implementing continual improvement actions and a communications strategy for program planning and communication.
○ reviewed existing ACTHP financial coding system, engaged in consultation with senior management, refined, recommended and implemented new financial coding system for ACTHP
○ developed a costing template for learning and public programs
○ reviewed costs of previous programs and recommended and implemented price increase in order to, at minimum ‘break even’ and, at best, generate profits.
○ prepared budget bids for exhibitions, learning and public programs, and minor capital works for 2019/20 program to meet corporate strategic goals
● managing ACT Heritage and ACT Health grant projects.
● implementing project management strategies in the development and delivery of a large event for the Lanyon Homestead site- Carols at Lanyon 2019. Including creating a ‘Project Control Group’, defining and allocating ‘work packages’, creating a budget, timeline/gant chart, risk assessment and emergency procedures and coordinating regular meetings.
● working with the Director to refine new staff structure for ACTHP, running the recruitment process for a Programs and Partnerships Officer position. Worked as a panel member for the Manager of Visitor and Commercial Services position.